Fishing League Rules 2018
1. League philosophy- Fishing League is all about learning the lakes
and having fun!
2. Fishing is every other Thursday night. No pre-fishing
for league night fish species on day of league night. (At first night of league we will determine which species we fish the
rest of the summer).
3. League night dates will be:
May 3rd 5:30 to 8:30pm ---- Crappie (possible change to 10th
because of ice on)
May 17th 6 to 9pm ------- Walleye
May 31st 6 to 9pm
June 14th 6 to 9pm ------- Bass
June 28th 6 to 9pm ------- Northern
July 12th 6 to 9pm ------- Sunfish
July 26th 6 to 9pm ------- Bass
August 9th 6 to 9pm -------- Northern
5:30 to 8:30pm ---- Crappie
September 6th 5 to 8 pm --------
4. Lakes included are Otter, Augusta, Grass and Clearwater river
chain by boat
5. 2 person teams, may have substitutes, but one of the original
partners must be in boat. You can have one person fishing in boat if partner is unavailable.
system: Point system will be in 20 pt increments for total weight.
1st= 100 pts, 2nd= 80 pts, 3rd= 60pts and so on, this will depend on how many boats in fishing league. 2 points will be deducted for each dead fish. Teams will receive 5 pts for showing up, even
if they don't have any fish to weigh in. Teams also will recieve 5 points for catching target species fish.
7. Top five single fish get bonus pts. 1st =50pts, 2nd
=40pts, 3rd= 30pts, 4th=20pts, 5th=10pts, only one fish per team for biggest single catagory.
8. Teams may keep fish, but league would prefer catch and release program.
9. Bill or bait shop employee will be doing official weigh-in.
10. Bad weather will be voted on day of league night by 3 pm.
11. Entry fee for league is $100.00 per team (Entry fee not set in stone).
1st Place total points wins 40%
of entry fees
2nd Place total points wins
20% of entry fees
3rd Place total points wins 10% of entry fees
4th Place total points wins
5% of entry fees
5% of entry fees for each catagory, biggest single fish for 2018 summer
12. Teams will get 15 bonus bonus points for really big fish
(Anything weighing on or over these amounts).
Walleye 5 lbs.
Northern 7 lbs.
Bass 4 lbs.
13. limits for league weigh-in. But may have more in boat, and off night species.
Walleye 3 fish
Crappie 5 fish
Northern 3 fish
Bass 3 fish 14. Any disagreements
will be put to vote
15. State of MN rules will be abided by
All individuals will not hold BJ’s Bait &
Tackle LLC responsible
for any accidents.
17. Individuals understand that their picture
and points will possibly be on the internet, newspaper, possibly tv, and chart in bait shop.
18. League members will get 15% off live bait purchases the night